Formula one champion Lewis Hamilton has now tested positive for coronavirus after he won the Bahrain Grand Prix, MySportDab reports.
The 35-year-old has shown little symptoms according to his Mercedes team and must now isolate in a hotel in Bahrain for 10 days.
Due to the Isolation period, Hamilton will now miss the upcoming Sakhir Grand Prix.
Hamilton was seen exchanging pleasantries with members of the Mercedes team after his victory in Bahrain over the weekend.
On November 15, he headed home to Monaco and celebrated with his family.
He shared a video of himself running on the beach and playing tennis with his father.
Last week, Mercedes said that Hamilton was tested thrice and it all came out with a negative result.
However, on Monday he woke up coronavirus symptoms before being informed that a contact with someone before his arrival in Bahrain tested positive for the virus.
Hamilton then agreed for a new test which produced a positive result.
The world champion, is due to be knighted in the New Year’s Honours List.
He has not missed an F1 race since his debut in 2007 but will now be sidelined for a crucial race of the season.
A statement from Formula One on Tuesday said: ‘The FIA, Formula One and Mercedes Team can confirm that during mandatory pre-race testing procedure for the Sakhir Grand Prix, Lewis Hamilton has now tested positive for Covid-19.
‘In accordance with all necessary Covid-19 protocols, he is now self-isolating. All contacts with have been declared. The procedures from the FIA and Formula One will ensure no further impact on this weekend’s event.’