Borussia Dortmund director Michael Zorc has now expressed his concern about Jadon Sancho leaving the club in a major hint, MySportDab reports.
Manchester United Coach Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has made Sancho his No.1 summer target and Ed Woodward is working on a possible deal.
MySportDab understands the problem for any club is Dortmund’s £100m price-tag, which is hard due to the financial impact of the coronavirus.
But, Borussia Dortmund director of football Zorc spoke confidently in April that the England international would remain at the club.
“There is no new update,” Zorc told Sport1 in April.
“Right now, no club will risk everything by making a big-money bid, not even English clubs.
“I don’t want to go too far out of the window with ideas because the situation changes daily.
“We shall see what happens. We have a contract with Jadon Sancho. This won’t change now. We are very relaxed about it.”
However, Zorc’s statement has changed from “relaxed” to “concerned” in a big hint on Friday which suggests that a transfer could be in the works already.
“Yes we are concerned,” Zorc said on Friday night.
“I don’t want to talk about it now.”
“It sounds good to extend the transfer window,” Zorc added.
“I think it’s a great decision.
“It’s tough to make talk about how everything will go. Every club has suffered financially, so it won’t be a big year.”
It is unlikely Dortmund will reduce their £100m valuation of Sancho in the coming weeks.
The European summer transfer window has been moved back to October 5th and that allows Borussia Dortmund more time to sign a replacement if United do sign Jadon Sancho.
Jadon Sancho is set to play his 98th match for BVB today (Saturday) against RB Leipzig, he’s scored 34 goals and provided 43 assists so far.
For more news, Read from MySportDab football category.