Arsenal have told their players and staffs to remain at home instead of starting training at London Colney tomorrow, MySportDab reports.
The Gunners’ two weeks isolation period ends on Tuesday since they discovered manager Mikel Arteta had contracted the coronavirus .
Over 100 staffs including the senior squad have since been quarantined in their homes to prevent more spread of COVID-19 after the club announced on March 12 that Arteta had tested positive for the illness.
But their isolation is due to end this week, with Arsenal free to reopen at their training complex.
However, the north London club have insisted it would be “irresponsible and inappropriate” to start anything now.
The virus is spreading across the UK with almost 300 deaths and over 5,000 confirmed cases, while there have been over 14,500 deaths worldwide by the virus.
An Arsenal spokesperson said: “The first team players were meant to return to training on Tuesday after 14 days isolation following Mikel Arteta’s being positive for the virus.
“Due to the current situation, we believe it would be inappropriate and irresponsible to ask players to work at this time.
“Henceforth our men’s first team, academy and women players are all going to stay at home and save lives.”
Arsenal continue to meet government guidelines with only essential workers told to work.
Following him being infected, Mikel Arteta is now back to full health, as the Gunners announced last week.
With the English Premier League postponed until at least April 30, Arsenal’s players will instead continue their personalised training programmes at home.