Pep Guardiola has revealed he will “100 per cent” stay at Manchester City because he has “something special” with the club, MySportDab reports.
This was the first time Guardiola would speak public about the issue since they were handed a two year Champions League Ban.
Rumours over Guardiola’s future in Manchester has once again started since last Friday, after the Premier League champions were issued the ban.
Manchester City were also given a £25million (€30m) fine and if they fail in their appeal to overturn the punishment for FFP breaches, the club won’t be able to play in the Champions League until 2022-23.
MySportDab understands Guardiola’s contract expires in 2021 and reports earlier this week suggested that the Catalan could leave should the suspension stand after judgement from the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
However, The 49-year-old insists he is fully committed to the club, where he has won five major trophies since 2016.
“It’s not over. The club believes it’s truly unfair so we are going to appeal,” Guardiola said after Wednesday’s 2-0 Premier League win.
“We will wait. All we can do is on the pitch and do what we have done the last four years and focus on until the end of the season.
“I trust 100 per cent my club on what they have done. They explained to me the reasons why.
“We are going to fight until the end of the season.
“We are very optimistic that at the end the truth will prevail and next season we will still play in the Champions League.
“If am not sack me I will stay here 100 per cent more than ever. First because I want to stay.
“It’s special, more than the contract I have. I said before, I say now I want to stay and help the club and maintain this level.”
City could face more Punishment from the Premier League, in which they could be deducted points or even relegated to League Two.
READ MORE: Kylian Mbappe BLASTS FFF President La Graet After Shock Comments On Zinedine Zidane! (Details)