Juventus Chief Andrea Agnelli has insisted that Cristiano Ronaldo will stay at the club after their Champions League exit, MySportDab reports.
The Portuguese went of the Champions League at the last-16 stage for the first time since 2010 against Lyon last night.
Juventus were knocked out on away goals after they suffered a 1-0 defeat back in France before the coronavirus pandemic started.
Before Friday’s second leg, a report from France Football claimed that Cristiano Ronaldo was ready to force a move to Paris Saint-Germain.
However, Juventus Chief Agnelli believes the report was not true.
‘I am very convinced he will stay here,’ Agnelli told Sky Sports.
‘I think the report was a old interview from months ago, which was later published just days before we played against a French club. It’s a media trick.
‘No, I am very certain that Ronaldo remains a key part of Juventus.’
However, Agnelli also praised Ronaldo for his performances on Friday but insisted the club must still try to win the Champions League.
‘This season has been bittersweet. It has been a difficult season, we achieved a some great results by winning our ninth consecutive Serie A title and wrote a new record in the history books,’ Agnelli added.
‘Maurizio deserves his own page for himself, coming from the amateur leagues to winning the Serie A title.
‘In the UEFA Champions League, it’s been disappointing for us, for the fans and players. As I said some many times, the Champions league was previously a dream, now it’s our objective.
‘Being knocked out like this is a huge disappointment. We will use the next few days to evaluate, consider and decide on how to move forward next season.
‘Juventus have objectives, they have to be secured, both in the league and in Europe. We have the best player in the Champions League history, who proved himself again, and we must start again with new hope.’
Some Italian Newspapers have demanded that Juventus sack Coach Maurizio Sarri.