FT: Manchester City 3-1 West Ham, Foden’s Brace Seal 4th Title In A Row! [VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS]

by Ita
0 comment

Phil Foden scored a brace as Manchester City defeat West Ham to win their fourth consecutive Premier League title, MySportDab reports.

It was a cracker as the Premier League title hopefuls locked horns with the Hammers in a title-deciding final matchday clash.

City started the game on the front foot, wielding a commanding control over proceedings with the visitors dropping back to soak up the incessant pressure and clear the lines.

Despite committing more bodies to the low block, it was not enough to stop Manchester City, who showed hunger from the start to snatch a win and clear their fourth successive Premier League title.

Just 2 minutes into the game, Phil Foden scored a stunner, firing a curled effort past Alphonse Areole to give City the lead, thanks to a brilliant assist by Bernardo Silva.

West Ham began to break off their low blocks after conceding but it was an invitation for a rout. Fourteen minutes after Phil Foden’s goal, Josko Gvardiol brilliantly stole his way past two West Ham midfielders with his beautiful legwork before finding Foden.

Close to the goal area, Foden made no mistake as he scored again with a first-time finish from Gvardiol’s pass.

City were set to cruising to victory with a dominant showing. Erling Haaland nearly extended the lead to 3-0 when he attempted to poke home Ruben Dias’ ball but ended up missing it from five yards.

Eight minutes after the miss, West Ham clawed their charges back into the game with a lifeline goal against the run of play.

Gvardiol had failed to clear James Ward-Prowse’s corner allowing Kudus latched onto it and then scored a stunning overhead kick to reduce the deficit.

After conceding Manchester City made a late push to re-extend the lead but West Ham held on to halve the deficit till the break.

Manchester City continued their dominant run in the second half. The Hammers settled for the low block while hoping to catch the hosts off-guard on quick counter-offensives.

It was still City comfortably holding sway over the game going forward. The David Moyes-led side had all their 10 men retreat to their half.

Fourteen minutes into the second half, City beat the visitors’ resilient block to re-extend the lead. City’s defensive midfielder Rodri fired home a thunderbolt through a crowd of West Ham bodies to make it 3-0, thanks to Bernardo Silva’s second assist.

The goal allowed City some breathing space as they closed in on their fourth Premier League title. West Ham got one at the back of the net again in the 89th minute but it was ruled out after VAR check.

City won 3-1 after the final whistle to win their fourth consecutive Premier League, becoming the first Premier League club to do so.



Receive live sports updates!

We donโ€™t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Receive live sports updates!

We donโ€™t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Share Now:

You may also like

About Us

MySportDab logo

MySportDab Sports

Feature Posts


Adblock Detected

Please support us by disabling your AdBlocker extension and you can access our website.