FT: Manchester City 4-2 Tottenham, Ryad Mahrez Bags BRACE! (VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS)

by Ita
0 comment
Manchester City

Manchester City came from two goals down to grab a deserved come-back win over hard-fighting Tottenham, MySportDab reports. 

First Half Report

Manchester City dominated the game as the first half began as they looked to recover from the shock Old Trafford defeat to Manchester United.

Tottenham also needed to avoid a defeat against the defending champions to stay put in the Premier League top-four race after a 2-0 home defeat to Arsenal in their last game.

Tottenham played their hearts out while Manchester maintained dominance trying to get an early goal in the game.

Despite playing second fiddle to the defending champions, Tottenham were able to contain City and prevent an early goal from the sustained pressure.

They had less of the ball possession but were clinical upfront when charging forward on the counterattack.

Against the run of play, Tottenham took the lead in the 44th minute courtesy of Kulusevski’s strike.

In the second minute of first-half stoppage-time, Emerson doubled the lead, and Antonio Conte’s men went into the first half with a surprise 2-0 lead.


Second Half Report

After trailing the visitors with a surprise two goals deficit, Manchester City faced an uphill task of coming back into the game, to keep title hopes alive.

A loss against Spurs would have dampened further their hopes of staying put in the title race.

The host ramped up attempts to find a goal and pulled a comeback against Spurs. Tottenham came under intense pressure from the start of the second half.

City finally got their opener in the 52nd minute with Argentina international Julian Alvarez opening the scoring for the home side.

A minute after the first goal, Erling Haaland scored an equaliser for City bringing the scoreline to a dramatic 2-2 draw with over 30 minutes left in the game.



After the equaliser, City continued to push for a winner and maintained pressure on the Tottenham defense.

In the 64th minute, Ryad Mahrez scored another goal to make it 3-2 giving Manchester City the lead.

Ryad Mahrez scored again in the 90th minute to bag his brace as City cruised to a deserved 4-2 come-back win after the final whistle

Video Highlights 


Receive live sports updates!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Receive live sports updates!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Share Now:

You may also like

About Us

MySportDab logo

MySportDab Sports

Feature Posts


Adblock Detected

Please support us by disabling your AdBlocker extension and you can access our website.