Chelsea’s Edouard Mendy Reacts To Ballon d’OR Snub (Full Details)
Chelsea goalkeeper Edouard Mendy reacts to being snubbed for Ballon d’OR nominee list, MySportDab reports.
The Senegalese has been exceptional since making his move to Stamford Bridge from Rennes.
Edouard Mendy wasn’t nominated in the 30 man list which was released earlier and he wasn’t happy with everything.
The shot stopper thinks he could have made the 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist if he had choose to play for France over Senegal.
Since he joined Chelsea, he has been breaking and setting records after the first African goalkeeper to play in the European competition final since 1985.
Edouard Mendy has kept nine clean sheets in the tournament last campaign which is the best for any goalkeeper on his debut.
With all his heroics last season, the goalkeeper was not included in the list of best player in the World.
Here Is What He Had To Say;
“It’s something that motivates me and pushes me to work.
“Honestly, I am wondering,” Mendy told Canal Plus via Wiw Sport.
“If I had played for France and had taken part in the Euro, would we have this debate and this reflection?”
Edouard Mendy is still putting up great performance from where he stopped last season with him conceding few goals so far this campaign.
His five-game clean sheet record for the Blues was ended by Burnley after a 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge during the weekend.
His fellow Senegalese teammate had so much to say with the likes of Sadio Mane and Koulibaly calling out Ballon d’OR organizers.
Here Is What They Said;
“It is unacceptable. I do not understand,” Mane said.
Meanwhile, Napoli defender Koulibaly described Mendy’s omission as “a shame” after his displays for Chelsea last season.
“It’s a real shame that Edou isn’t one of them. He is the first African goalkeeper to win the Champions League,” Koulibaly said.
The Napoli Defender Added;
“We must continue to work and move forward. We have to do the double [the work] of some people to be well judged.
“Edou is a very positive person. We talked about it together.
“He will continue to fight to be part of it. For me, he has a place among these 30 players.”
With the International break going on for now, Chelsea won’t be playing any game as the Senegalese goalkeeper will be with his national team.
- / 6 months ago
On Sunday, May 28, in Paris, the second Grand Slam of 2023 will begin....
- / 2 months ago
Boxing has always held a special place in sports and entertainment. It is one...
- / 3 months ago
Jevgenijs “The Hurricane” Aleksejevs, MightyTip’s brand-new ambassador, was again unstoppable in Spain during his...