Alaba And Leroy Sane Swap? Bayern Munich Not So Desperate (See Full Details)
The idea of arranging a swap deal with the Premier League giants would be like some thing out of a Brothers Grimm tale, in accordance to the Bayern chief.
Bayern Munich chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge insists a swap deal involving David Alaba and Leroy Sane has “nothing to do with reality”.
The futures of both Bayern utility man Alaba and Manchester City winger Sane remain doubtful as the two are on deals that run out in 2021.
The noise surrounding Austria international Alaba, 27, has only intensified due to the fact he reportedly hired a new agent, with Real Madrid , Barcelona and Chelsea all mooted as feasible destinations.
Sane, who is yet to play in the Premier League this season due to a knee injury, is a long-time target for Bayern and the Bundesliga leaders ought to reignite their interest as soon as the transfer window reopens, although a simple swap deal involving Alaba has been pushed aside by Rummenigge.
“As I’ve heard, rumours are circulating that we would like to hand David Alaba over to Manchester City in change for Leroy Sane,” he told TZ.
“In addition, I say very clearly: This is Grimm’s Fairy Tale and has nothing to do with reality.”
On the recommendation a swap had been proposed by Alaba’s agent, Rummenigge added: “I would like to say very truly that this is not an option for Bayern at all, we are not in the bazaar.”
Alaba is one of a host of long-serving players whose current deal with Bayern expires after next season.
Manuel Neuer, Thiago Alcantara and Thomas Muller, all of whom had been in fine form before the Bundesliga campaign was suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic, are additionally coming to the end of their contracts.
“I would like to emphasise that we are presently only speaking to players whose contracts expire in 2021,” Rummenigge said.
“So, with Manuel Neuer, Thomas Muller, Thiago, David Alaba et cetera. They all have wonderful merits for FC Bayern, that has to be taken into account.”
The Bavarian outfit are not currently thinking about their strategy for the subsequent transfer window, as the coronavirus pandemic has put everything on hold.
“No one knows today precisely how the coronavirus disaster will have an effect on soccer in the coming weeks and months,” he added. “Therefore, we have put the subject matter of newcomers on hold.
“But I can already predict one thing today: Both the transfer charges and the salaries will now be re-checked by all clubs throughout Europe. Supply and demand will modify and adjust the market.”
- / 6 months ago
On Sunday, May 28, in Paris, the second Grand Slam of 2023 will begin....
- / 2 months ago
Boxing has always held a special place in sports and entertainment. It is one...
- / 3 months ago
Jevgenijs “The Hurricane” Aleksejevs, MightyTip’s brand-new ambassador, was again unstoppable in Spain during his...