Friday, February 23, 2024

Napoli CONFIRM Victor Osimhen Will Leave This Season

by ItaEmmanuel
0 comment
Victor Osimhen

Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis has confirmed Victor Osimhen will leave Napoli at the end of the season, MySportDab reports.

Osimhen, who is currently on AFCON duties with Nigeria Super Eagles, cleared the air of his transfer plans at the end of the summer.

The former Lille forward said he has clear plans of his future after Napoli and has made a decision on his future at the end if the season.

When asked about Osimhen’s candid admission of his end-of-the-season transfer plan, Aurelio De Laurentiis said he had been preparing for Osimhen to leave ever since.

“We’ve known all this since last summer, which is also why negotiations for the extension of his contract, although friendly, took so long,” De Laurentiis said.

“We know he’s either going to Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain or an English club.”

Osimhen, voted African Player of the Year last year, joined Napoli from Lille in 2020 and has scored 67 goals in 119 appearances in all competitions.

Victor Osimhen was strongly linked with a move to Chelsea before he signed a new contract extension with Napoli, committing to the club for additional one year till 2026.

The new contract extension came with a new release clause for the player which was pegged at £112m.

With the Nigerian footballing sensation setting his sight on Napoli exit, interested clubs will be expected to trigger the clause and sign the player.

Chelsea are still linked with a move for Victor Osimhen but it is still unclear whether the Blues will break the bank for Victor Osimhen.

Osimhen would be the third Chelsea player bought in excess of £100m after Enzo Fernandez and Moises Caicedo should the Blues sign the player from Napoli.

Share Now:

You may also like

About Us

MySportDab logo

MySportDab Sports

Feature Posts

Newsletter

Adblock Detected

Please support us by disabling your AdBlocker extension and you can access our website.