Andreas Christensen to Barcelona is set to be made official soon, MySportDab reports.
The Chelsea defender has been confirmed he won’t be extending his contract which come to an end this season.
Andreas Christensen was earlier reported to have reached an agreement with Chelsea to extend, but nothing was made official since then.
Barcelona came in the picture and since then they have been monitoring the defender situation.
Reports reaching us from Frank Khalid confirmed he already had his first medical done.
Here Is What Was Said:
“Christensen, 25, is claimed to have passed the first phase of his medical last week.
“And according to Spanish paper Sport, he will undergo part two this afternoon.
“They add that his agent will arrive in Barcelona between now and Thursday to formally complete the agreement.
This reports has also been confirmed by other source who claimed another medicals will be completed soon.
Although there is no guarantee that the news is legit until an official confirmation of it going on from the club.
Fabrizio Romano confirmed that an agreement is already close to being confirmed by Barcelona.
Here Is What He Said:
“Barcelona are working to complete Andreas Christensen deal on a five year contract, new contacts expected this week.
“Verbal agreement almost ready – but nothing signed yet.
“Barça still ‘careful’ after what happened with Wijnaldum deal last year – work in progress.
He also went on confirming more information concerning the move which is likely to happen.
“More on Christensen. No way for Premier League clubs because he wants to respect Chelsea – but he’s prepared to accept Barcelona proposal.
“Barça bid way better than Bayern one. It’s matter of final stages.